False Positive (FP) message that is not spam, but incorrectly being blocked as spam.
The false positive sender of messages will receive the error: 550 Permanent Failure: Message delivery failed. If you believe this message is an error, please review the User Service Agreement and contact Support. This error is both visible by an email program and by web mail.
When users see this error, please indicate to them that we need a copy of the original message being sent. Without this message, we cannot assist you in sending or receiving this message. If these instructions are not followed, we will be unable to adjust our anti-spam service for this message issue.
- Source for the email in question (see below)
- Email account having problem
- Subject of message
- Date composed/saved
You can send use the email by simply saving the message as a draft.
Any individual message must be in one of these formats: .msg, .txt, .eml, .822
All messages must be in a ZIP file and password protected.
Password Protected ZIP
- Save all spam messages that you are seeing locally to your computer. (Please double check the message to ensure that the message headers are there. Don't just copy the contents of the message.)
- Move the files into a single folder to be zipped.
- Zip the folder
- Right click on the compressed folder and select Explore.
- Select "Add a Password", then enter and confirm the password.
- Go to Finder -> Application -> Terminal
- Change to the directory with the files
- Zip the files using the command:
zip -e myzipfile.zip file1.txt file2.txt
- Once you enter the command, system will prompt you for password twice. Just enter the password you wish to set, and it's done!
- Email the zip file to us along with the password to have the messages reviewed.